Lead and backend web developer specializing in PHP and Drupal 8/7/6. Additional experience in software quality assurance plus background in graphic design, digital art, and animation. Passionate about a feature rich, functional, and attractive web.
Senior Web Developer
March 2016 – Present
Bounteous – Chicago, IL
- Lead and supporting backend developer in an agile work environment
- Lead small development teams through project lifecycle starting with disseminating problem statements from client all the way through launch and post launch support
- Architects new solutions to problem area, resolving content administration pain points
- Delivers Drupal CMS training to the client on topics ranging from Drupal content administration basics through site specific functionality
- Supports teammates by providing implementation suggestions and performs code reviews
- Drupal Technical Experience:
- Custom module development utilizing varying Drupal techniques: hooks, event subscribers, service implementation, service extension/overrides, block & plugin development, (configuration) form development, storage of additional session data
- Caching debugging at multiple layers: Core, PHP, Memcache, and Varnish caching; configuring cache purging and cache exclusions.
- Debugging of hot performance issues through log analysis and interaction with hosting environment experts at Acquia.
- Drupal Multisite installations including branching out and combining installations
- Domain Access module suite configuration and architecture updates
- Configuration of multilingual within Drupal 8
- Workbench Moderation including debugging state transition and access
- Working with external data: processing and importing into Drupal with Migrate
- Designing and implementing APIs as REST endpoints
- Augmenting data in Solr search index, altering search queries and results
- Other main module sets: Panels/Panelizer/Panels IPE, Features (D7), Configuration Management (D8) with config ignore and configuration overrides, Field Collections (D7), Paragraphs (D8), Metatag, various Google mapping implementations, CDN configuration through Acquia Cloud Edge (Cloudflare)
- Experience working within the Drupal Community to submit patches for code updates and tests on Drupal core and modules; encourages the same for all team members
- Experience upgrading and contributing modules for Drupal 8 to the Drupal Community
Software Engineer, Research Computing
August 2014 – March 2016
Purdue University – West Lafayette, IN
Designed, created and updated web based scientific applications built on top of the Joomla based HUBzero platform.
Scripted the processing of raw spatial data into format usable by application.
Updated existing Java application, adding connectivity with web service for data import/export
August 2009 – August 2014
Adworkshop – Lake Placid, NY
Developed over 20 Drupal 6 sites and over 15 Drupal 7 sites. Primary responsibilities included site setup, configuration/building, module development, assisting with template development, deployment. Performed Drupal 6 to 7 migrations and migrations to Drupal.
Worked extensively with Views query builder
Created Ecommerce solutions using Ubercart and Drupal Commerce
Familiar with SEO best practices including custom event tracking, Ecommerce tracking, markup
Designed and developed an internal error logging & reporting application (PHP, MySQL), Drupal based internal applications and in-house Drupal modules
Created and maintained additional sites built on in-house CMS (PHP, Coldfusion)
Worked with client and account executive to develop functional specifications, balancing optimal technical solution with business needs including budget and availability
Provided assistance and mentoring to other developers learning Drupal and web development.
Quality Assurance Engineer and Team Coordinator
August 2006 – August 2009
Webloyalty.com, Inc. – Norwalk, CT
- Performed content and functionality testing on web based, database reliant pages in a fast paced, highly organized and process oriented setting.
- Developed test cases and test plans based on written and communicated specifications.
- Provided answers to team’s technical questions, solutions to development challenges and served as the point person for the team’s quality assurance and testing practices.
- Worked autonomously at times on self-dictated projects aimed at solving team’s technical and procedural problems.
M.A. in Communication Arts
2003 – 2005
New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury, NY
GPA: 3.9 GPA; Focus in Graphic Design, Multimedia & 3D Animation
B.S. in Computer and Systems & Electrical Engineering
1999 – 2003
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – Troy, NY
Graduated Cum Laude with 3.6 Cumulative GPA (Dean's List for 8 consecutive semesters)
Drupal Community Involvement
Contributed to the development of Drupal 8 with patches, reviews and automated tests
Presented Session: Out on a TWIG: custom theme development at 2015 St. Louis Drupal Camp
Co-presented Session: Case Studies - eCommerce in Drupal at 2014 St. Louis Drupal Camp
Provides code patches to contrib modules, support on Drupal.org forums, support on Drupal IRC
channels, Drupal Association Member
Other Coding Projects
Tool development & prototype game development in C# for Unity game engine including integration of fitness hardware.
Additional Work Experience
Community Relations Manager, Lead Bookseller
September 2003 – August 2006
Barnes & Noble – Manhasset, NY
Teachers Assistant, Lab Assistant, Graduate Assistant
New York Institute of Technology – Old Westbury, NY